More and more organizations are recognizing the benefits of developing partnerships with First Nations – and are working to create and implement effective Aboriginal engagement strategies.
This infographic was inspired by an article written by Frank Busch over at Troy Media. It aims to provide a high level guide to companies that are new to the Indigenous engagement process and covers off the basics related to the following five-step process:
- Assigning a qualified Indigenous engagement professional to act as the single source point of contact with First Nations.
- Making introductions and building relationships with First Nations well in advance of submitting project proposals.
- Having a high level of awareness with respect to environmental concerns and traditional land use.
- Designing proposals and projects in partnership with First Nations.
- Being committed to building sustainable, long-term relationships.